Monday, June 16, 2014

First Day of Preschool

Today was my son's very first day of preschool!

 
I can not believe this day is already here.

Here he is excited and ready to go!

And we are off...
 
He had a wonderful first day of school! We had several previous talks about the process of dropping him off, and Mommy coming back to pick him up. My husband and I tried to prepare him for his schedule ahead of time. And, he did really well! He didn't seem to have a hard time with me leaving. When I returned to pick him up he said the words I wanted to hear " Mommy, I don't want to go." He got a good report from his teacher. She said he did excellent! He listened, he went to the bathroom several times and had no problems. K himself told me that he painted a sun! He played on the playground outside, and he ate his lunch! There are eleven kids total in his class ( it's a smaller class since it's the summer session). I am so excited for him. I am so very proud of him. I know that this is the right school for him, and I know this is the right age for him to start school. While I am truly happy that today went as well as it did, I could not help but feel very sad. I cried as I took pictures of him this morning, I cried as every street light on our drive to his school was mysteriously green, I cried when I closed the gate to his school after I left him with his teacher, and I cried for the four hours he was there. My baby is no longer a baby. He is growing up. He will spread his wings. He will learn and he will thrive. I love him so very much, and I am so grateful to be his mommy.
He is my heart. 
 

When I picked him up, he wanted to show me how he jumped into the playground area by touching the leaves on the tree above him.

Sweet baby boy.

 
I took him to get a Jamba Juice after I picked him up from school to celebrate his first day!




No comments:

Post a Comment