Saturday, September 13, 2014

10 dollar garage sale finds......

I took a break from painting today. K and I went to a garage sale to look for picture frames for Auntie Krissy and ended up leaving with no picture frames and 3 items for K!

We got a Mother Goose story book,  Spiderman memory game, and a Rolling Stone rhythms keyboard all for ten dollars!!! K can't wait to show his new neighbors!

This is K's knuckle painting art work from his first week at his new school!

This little monster is finally taking a break! She has been chewing on my new kitchen table & chairs, my curtains, and a 2x4 that we use to help keep our back door secure.  She has plenty of chew toys laying around....of course she likes the other items better.  She also has a infatuation with K's floatable pool toys. She loves to lay on them, jump on them, lick them, and hide behind them. Her favorite seems to be "Fred" the lizard. I was pulling them out of the pool and stacking them under our shaded tarp area every time we were done swimming, but now that she has come into the family I've decided to just leave them in the pool. I asked our vet how to introduce her to swimming. The vet said right now is the best time because she is a puppy and fearless at this stage of her life...which made sense. I've brought her into the pool several times now. I take her in a little further each time. But each time it's only for a few seconds, as soon as she shows signs of wanting out I get her out. I don't want her to be scared of the water, I just want her to know that she can swim if she needed to. Since we have a pool, it is a concern of mine that she could fall in. She seems to enjoy water. I just hope she continues too. A couple of times now, when I'm relaxing in the pool on a tube, she motioned to me that she wanted to get on the tube with me, I pull her on and she just flips over onto her back and looks at me like....come on mom, rub my belly while I sun bath! Lol. She is completely fearless right now! I wonder if she will continue to feel this way about the pool? I hope so.
 
It was a Round Table Pizza kind of night. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment