Sunday, September 14, 2014

K's first time at a friend's house without family or me

Today was a hard day for Mommy. We came back from running a couple errands, and our neighbor's kids walked over to ask if K could come over and play. K has really enjoyed getting to know them, so I knew the second the question was asked that he would be really upset if I said no. I thought fast, we have met their parents, we've spent some time with their family, I think they are GREAT parents, my son always has fun with their kids, they do live right across the street so I can go over and get him if I start freaking out too much. I decided to say YES! This was the first time K was away from me, and it wasn't with a family member or school! He ran right over to their house and had a great time, playing football & video games. Me, I started freaking out. Daddy stayed in the garage the whole time, just incase K had any problems being away from us...he would be right there. K does go to school for a couple hours a day...but this was different. Once I got control of my emotions I was able to realize this was probably the best situation for his first taste of freedom. He was very very close, and in the supervision of good people. Ugh, it still hard though...

I joined Daddy in the garage, and brought the puppy out to keep my mind occupied.

Look at that cute face!

She pretty much sticks to the garage and drive way. Which is good because Daddy doesn't want her on the grass since she still needs one more shot before she can go to the park. Actually it takes a little work to get her to come out of the garage.

We found out that she's scared of cars! When a car drove past us, she ran back into the garage and hide under K's Cadillac!



I think it was cooler on the cement inside the garage too! She is still really scared of everything in the front yard.
 
K had a wonderful time playing with his neighbor, and I'm glad I decided to say Yes!
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment