Friday, August 26, 2016

Great Advice! For After School Attitude

Wow, just read a great post from a previous teacher/ stay at home mom. I'm going to make a blog post about her blog post because I believe her advice is very good!

I read this blog post on a blog named : Still Playing School
The name of this post is: The After School Attitude, Why is my Child Acting out at home?
http://www.stillplayingschool.com/2014/08/after-school-behavior.html

Everyday after I pick up K from school, I ask him how his day went?
Was it good, bad, did he eat lunch with his friends? Did he do math, flashcards, etc? What did he learn that day? I've noticed that he does not ever answer me when I ask right after I pick him up. I tried to make the questions more specific, because I thought he was too tired to go into detail. He doesn't ever want to talk about school right after I pick him up, and he almost always asks me if we can go home and go swimming. It sometimes escalates into an argument.....because I push him for answers. Later in the evening, usually when we are reading right before bed, he will start telling me details about his day. He will start remember specific details of the day that he wants to share with me. This has been a concern of mine. After reading this post, I know how I would like to handle this differently. I'm so glad I read this, and am looking forward to reading more of her blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment