Tuesday, August 20, 2013

First Day of Vacation at Cummins Cabin - 2013

We went up to the family cabin for 5 days with Grandma & Grandpa Cummins and had a wonderful time. We went swimming in the Russian River, feed ducks, barbequed, relaxed in a hammock, and played at Piggy Park. It was just what we needed to take our minds off our move.


K and I arrived late Thursday afternoon before everyone else. I took him down to the River to see the beach before we went into town for some milk & dinner.

 
I knew he wouldn't remember the beach from last summer, but I wanted to see his face when he saw the sand and ran his fingers through it. He's been cooped up in the house while Mommy & Daddy have been dealing with our realtor, inspector, and appraiser. Little did he know that he would be spending the next couple days in the Russian River!
 



He loved dancing on the stage and the driving games in the arcade.



 Hmmmm....which one is my Grandpa?



We watched Disney movies and ate a turkey/cheese/cracker appetizer platter for dinner. I enjoyed spending the first night just the two of us. When I was a young girl I use to dream about bringing my children up to the family cabin in hopes that they would have the same wonderful childhood experiences that I did, and now my son will start making his memories. I'm so excited for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment