Sunday, January 12, 2014

First time making Gumbo!

Last month while we were at Disneyland, we ate at the Blue Bayou. My father and husband both chose gumbo as one of their sides that came with their entrée. The Blue Bayou's gumbo is delicious! It is out of this world delicious! I remember trying my husband's and wishing I would have ordered it, although my side salad was very good too! I'm pretty sure everything on the Blue Bayou menu is delicious! Today, I tried to reproduce the Blue Bayou's gumbo! I have never made gumbo before, and I'm happy to report that I was successful! At least my husband and son thought I was successful.

 
The gumbo is in front and the rice is behind it.

Yum, just a little bit of parsley on top.


K gobbled it up!

Poor little guy is sick right now, but he loved his gumbo!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment