Sunday, November 30, 2014

DIY Christmas Stocking Holders

Last week we went over to Grandma & Grandpa's for a visit. While we were there Grandpa made us the bases to our DIY Christmas Stocking Holders! He cut 6 pieces from a 2x4 piece of wood, that were 6" long each. He sanded them and screwed them together:

K's cousin was there too! They enjoyed watching Grandpa use his cool tools!

Both boys had safety goggles on at all times.

Juice break!

Grandpa screwing the pieces together.

Finished the base! Thank you Grandpa!

Little helper!

Another little helper on a juice break.
BIG BIG BIG Hug!

Starting to prime the base.
 

First coat of primer on!
 
I just put the second coat of primer on this evening. I will add more pictures to this post as I complete the project.
Update:
I decided to paint all three different.

I found these hooks at Hobby Lobby for 3.99 each.


This is the finished stocking holder. I painted little mini clothes pins ( which I found at Hobby Lobby) and glued them to the top of the stocking holder. I decided to hang a picture instead of painting names on each holder.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment