Tuesday, July 5, 2016

First Day at Elementary School

Today was K's first day at Elementary School!
I didn't sleep last night. I was nervous & anxious enough for both of us.
Would he know anyone?
Would he be able to open all the items in his lunch?
Would he like his teachers?
Would he make friends fast?
Would he feel uncomfortable in a new place?
Would he want to go back?
Ugh.....my mind was going crazy.....

K was cool as cool could be.
He wasn't nervous, he was excited.
He couldn't wait to get there in the morning.


We walked in the front door and the teacher remembered K from the walk through/tour of the school.
He walked right in and started asking her questions.
The first 2 kids walked through the front door and K knew both of them!
They had both gone to his preschool, and K played flag football with the older brother!
Then the teacher told K that 2 of his teachers from his preschool would be coming to help this entire week! I asked the teacher if she was sure she had my phone number....
She laughed at me, and said YES! I have a full file on K that was transferred from his old school.
Ugh.....I didn't want to leave him.
I could tell he wanted me to leave...he was ready...I wasn't.
I made myself leave.
I told him to have fun, and I would pick him up after work.

When I picked him up he told me he knew some of the kids from preschool.
He was smiling and happy.
He played dodge ball.
He made 3 new friends.
He played on the school playground.
He ate all of his lunch, which his teachers helped him open!
His teachers from his preschool came to help....so he new some of the teachers.
He signed up for using the computer, he told me he has to sign up to use any of the electronics. Lol!
I think he liked it! Ahhhh......... It was a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment