Friday, December 27, 2013

Lush Boxing Day Sale 2013

Lush!!!!! This store has been in the United States for the past 10 years. It originated in Europe, and has branched out to countries all over the world. The first store in my area opened last year, and I only discovered it two months ago. What is so great about Lush stores? Their products are not tested on animals and are all natural with no preservatives. Plus, they smell really goooood!! They sell bath bombs, bubble bars, soaps, message bars, shampoo, lip balms, face masks, etc.

The first time I went into my local Lush store I fell in love with the products, and purchased sample pieces of  4 different soaps and a couple bath bombs for K to try. My hubby really enjoyed the soap named " Demon in the Dark", and K really enjoyed his bath bombs. We loved the products so much we gave them as Christmas presents! I learned that Lush only has one annual sale a year, and that sale is on boxing day ( the day after Christmas).  Since Lush products are a little pricey.... attending the boxing day sale seemed like a good idea. I've heard a couple horror stories about ordering online during the boxing day sale, so I decided that I needed a plan. I planned on waking up at 6am and placing an order, and then going to my local Lush store before it opened ( just in case there was a line) to pick up some more products. Trying two times in two different ways on the day of the sale seemed like a good plan to me. NO! My plan bombed! My Lush boxing day sale experience was not successful, but I did learn what I need to do next year.

I got up at 6 am, and started my online order. As I was ordering the products, the items I already had in my basket started disappearing. They were selling out faster then I could get everything I wanted into my basket! I decided to stop and place my order as is. I completed all my information, and pressed submit order....and then the website kicked me back to the beginning. Ugh.... I didn't want to end up with 2 or 3 orders, so I turned off my computer and decided to go to my local store. The mall doesn't open until 10am, so I thought I would go check out Ulta's sale first. I drove past the mall an hour before it was suppose to open and noticed cars in the parking lot. I parked, and went in. When I walked into the Lush store, the three employees sitting at the front of the store... doing nothing... laughed as my mouth dropped open. There was literally nothing left in the store except one type of bath bomb ( and only 6 bombs), 2 small logs of soap and 5 water bottles. I had missed the entire sale! I asked her what time they opened,  she said " We are still on Christmas hours, we opened at 8am". Ugh.....Usually when you walk into a Lush store there are several crates full of 30-40 bath bombs, there are logs of soap stacked high of all the different scents, there are vibrant colored bath bars stacked against the walls. I was so disappointed. I walked over to the soap logs that were left and one of them was " Demons in the Dark", so I bought a block of that and got a second one free. Then I grabbed a few of the bath bombs that were left for K.

Well, at least I know what to do differently for next years boxing sale! Here are the items I picked up from Lush's boxing day sale:

This is my cute little stash of Lush products.
 K got some bath bombs from Grandma & Grandpa for Christmas too!

Bombardino bath bomb. Isn't he cute!

Hubby's favorite!

Nice big chunk!
 
Good news!!! As I was writing this post, I checked Lush's website again and they restocked some of the items on sale!!! I placed my order, and will be getting them soon. Now, the only bad thing is that they didn't restock the bubble bath wands. I really wanted to get some of those for K and his cousin....but maybe next year! Wooo Hooooo!!!! Yay!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the heads up. I plan on getting to my local NJ LUSH store by 7:45am or earlier this year. I'm wild about lush especially snow fairy. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete