Saturday, October 4, 2014

Crazy Game Day & Pumpkin Rice Crispy Treats

It was crazy game day here today~

Daddy cut the sleeves off of one of his shirts, and my boys decided to put the sleeves on their heads while watching the SF baseball game!
K wanted the sleeve to be turned into a ghost mask, and then he decided to add his goggles!
Nice costume son! Lol, he's so stinking cute!

We are meeting K's buddies at the pumpkin patch tomorrow, and I wanted to try and make them a treat. I decided to try pumpkin rice crispy treats.

I found a picture of these on Pinterest and thought they looked really cute. I added orange food coloring to the melted marshmallows.
The trick to forming the pumpkin shape is to wait until they cool off. I tried to form them into a ball while they were still warm, and ended up wasting a lot of the batch that way.
I also cut tootsie roll candies in half and added them to the top of the pumpkin.

Then I used black frosting to create a smile on their faces.

Again, wait for the frosting to dry before putting into a bag! I was in a hurry, and not very patient with these treats. But, now I know for next time. I will also get green frosting next time to add a leaf to the top! I like how they turned out! A little unexpected treat for some sweet little munchkins!

No comments:

Post a Comment