Wednesday, October 1, 2014

First project in the new home

Our first project was covering up the holes in the family room, picking a paint color, and painting the family room and fireplace.

Here are a couple before pictures:

This is what the family room looked like before we moved in.
This is our fireplace. I originally did not like the mantel color or the mosaic tile. We painted the mantel with a primer, and now the mosaic tile is starting to grow on me...

Hubby painting...

These are the holes we needed to cover before painting the last wall in the family room. When we purchased the house there was a picture covering the top hole, we did not find it until the day we moved in. The hole to the left of the television we were aware of, but did not care for.
Hubby covered both the holes! Yay!
Gone!
The Kelly Moore employees should know me by my first name by now. I've been in there almost every other day for the last couple weeks trying to get colors right. First I tried this light grey color, except when I got it onto my wall it was too bright.

I didn't figure out that I didn't like it until I cut in the entire wall...ugh
Then I found Blue Slate by BM. I got the sample up on the wall, and I thought it was a little too blue, but hubby really liked it so we decided to go for it.
I don't think anyone would be able to tell there was a hole in this wall a week ago.
The entire room is painted now. I'm painting the fireplace tomorrow. Then I will take pictures of the finished look.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment