Saturday, September 14, 2013

Family Day at the Oakland Zoo

We decided to have a family day at the Oakland Zoo today. It was K's first time, he's been to the San Francisco Zoo several times, but never the Oakland Zoo before.


We started off by going on a ride over the top of the zoo:




We saw Tigers and Giraffes:


 
 
And Camels and Elephants:
 


 
Then we started walking around and looking at all the animals:
 









 
We found a Black Pot Belly Pig with bunnies in it's pin:
 

 
Next , we wondered into the petting area of the zoo:
 


K got a kiss from one of the goats!

He didn't like the kiss....


 
I'm so proud of my little man! He saw the older kids walking over these lily pads, which made him want to do it too...but I could tell he was a little nervous. He made it to the last two steps before he asked for help. Sometimes I forget that he's only two years old.
 Great job Honey!!!



 
Then we found the Baboons:
 

 
K loved this car ride! He went on it several times.
 

 
Waiting in line for the train ride:
 

 
Finally on the train.....
 




 
And back to the car ride!
 
 


 
After the zoo we went out to dinner at one of our favorite places! Sweet Tomatoes! Yum!
 
 
After dinner K enjoyed a mini ice cream on a cone. Which he ate outside.

 
I've been trying to decide what K should be for Halloween. When I ask him what he wants to be he tells me " I Peter Pan , Mama!". I've looked online for some Peter Pan costumes but can't seem to find them in his size. Disney's Peter Pan costumes start at sizes bigger than he is. I'm thinking it might be easier to just make him one. We went to go check out the costume store :
 
 
We got a little concerned when we entered the store and saw several scary electrical characters set up in scenes for Halloween...but K loved pushing the buttons. He wasn't scared. He would push the buttons over & over again. Then he would run to the next button to see what it did. My fearless little man!




 
I found a Buzz Light Year costume in K's size and brought it over to him for approval. I held it up to him and asked him if he wanted to be Buzz Light Year for Halloween? He told me " I NO Buzz Light Year, I Peter Pan Mama!".  I guess the decision has been made. He will be Peter Pan this year, and Mama will start working on his costume this week!
 
 
K found a new buddy in the Spirit Halloween Store, and Daddy got a toy gun!
 

 
Another fun family day!!
 

 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment