Friday, September 20, 2013

First Bee Sting

Yesterday we started our day by going to a new park:

 
It had a sandbox:

It had a steering wheel:

 
And plenty of features to climb on:

 
And it had swings!!!
 
 
What a beautiful September day:
 
 
Here you go Mama:
 
 
Since it was so nice outside we decided to practice swimming again:
 
 
Which is where he got his first bee sting. I'm so proud of how strongly he handled it. He told me immediately that he had an ouchie and cried out like he was in pain. I got him out of the water and told him we needed to leave the pool, but he did not agree. He told me the ouchie went away, and he needed to get back into the water. I allowed him to lead the situation because I did not want this bee sting to effect how he felt about the water, and I had my cell phone on me in case he had a reaction to the sting. Soon after he got back in the water he told me his ouchie still hurt and that he needed a band-aid. Then we left the pool and got a Band-Aid. What a strong little man!
 


 
Later that evening we went to Grandma & Grandpa's to feed the Koi:
 

 
And we did some watering :
 

 
Despite the Bee sting it was still a good day. Mama's got a strong little boy.







No comments:

Post a Comment