Wednesday, September 18, 2013

First Trip to the Ocean

It's one of those nights. I just can't fall asleep no matter what I try. So, I've decided to post some pictures from K's first trip to the ocean.

We were celebrating my mom's birthday last year, and she wanted to go to the ocean for the day.

 
We drove out to Half Moon Bay, and found a state beach that looked appealing. It was a large beach with a little lagoon that I could take K in. I didn't want him to get close to the waves and be scared of the ocean. He absolutely loved it! The little lagoon was very shallow, so he was able to travel far out into it. He threw rocks and caught driftwood floating in the water.


 
He splashed and played for a long time. It was the first sign that he was going to be a little fish!
 



 
It's a year later, and I can't believe how small he looks in these pictures. The time is flying by.
 
We also went out to dinner at Joe's Crab Shack that night to celebrate my mom's birthday. Lol. She might not like that I'm writing this story on here...but, I can't help but smile every time I think of that night. When it was time for dessert the server brought out some ice cream for my mom, sang her happy birthday, and then asked her to stand up with him. He turned her around to face everyone in the restaurant, and introduced her as his fairy god mother & handed her a salt shaker. He told the customers in the restaurant that she was going to run around the perimeter of the floor sprinkling them with fairy dust. He also said she was a little shy so they needed to support her by clapping & cheering her on. I then saw my mother ....my mother....run around the perimeter of the floor sprinkling salt on all the customers in the restaurant. Now, I wish I had pictures of that!!!! But, I was too busy laughing.
 
That was a fun day full of good memories!


No comments:

Post a Comment