Saturday, December 27, 2014

Maui 2014

We went on a beautiful Maui vacation with Grandma & Grandpa in August! Here are the pictures from our trip. These pictures make me wish I was still there:


We started off the trip spending the night in a hotel by the airport.
Movies and snacks oh my.....


We had a nice easy flight to the island of Maui!
K was very excited about his new head phones!

Grandma, K, and I went for a walk as soon as we got to the hotel and saw these lizards.
 
Then we decided it was time to get into the water! Grandma & Grandpa got the boys a kayak to play with while on Maui! K loved it!

This is right behind our hotel the Paki Maui.


Look at how clear that water is....


Grandpa went for a swim!
 
Beautiful sunset! Uhhhhh......
 
We got a Jackfruit at the local farmers market.

Jackfruits are known for their flavor. The founders of Juicy Fruit Gum created their flavor from the taste of this fruit!
You just pull out the yellow pods and eat them. My family and I did not care for the texture of the fruit, but we really liked the flavor/ taste of it. I think if it were a main land fruit instead of an Island fruit and we had grown up eating them....I'd probably love these! I think I would just need to get use to the texture.

We went out to get ice cream almost every night!

K enjoyed Mint chocolate chip & Orange sherbet.

Yummy...lol
 
In the evening Grandma & Grandpa took us for walks to find frogs!
There were several frogs living along the perimeter of the hotel!

We caught a couple and then let them go.

One night K dressed up as Spiderman to go frog hunting!



Come on guys the frogs are over here...

Spiderman!

A baby frog! ( We left this one alone)

K and the baby frog.

Walking around looking for frogs.

We almost always found the frogs around the swimming pool!
The frogs would sit and watch people swim!

This is a terrible picture, but that evening the moon over the ocean was absolutely gorgeous!
 
My parents caught a baby Gecko

It was a teeny tinny Gecko!
 
 Grandpa handing the baby Gecko to K
 
We went on a Glass Bottom Boat!!! I do not have many pictures of this because I was sick the entire time. I get motion sickness really bad, and unfortunately I only lasted the first 15 minutes of this trip. 

There were 2 divers that went out into the ocean and picked up items to bring up to the boat for us all to see.


Glass bottom boat.
 
K in downtown Lahaina.

First Sunset of the trip!
We went to the Swap Meet!
 
I got to meet Christine from Pinksofoxy!!!
I purchased some of her handmade jewelry! I got earrings, and my mom & dad got me a necklace!
I don't know why I don't have pictures of those but they are gorgeous! I love her pieces! I can't wait to go back and get more!

I thought these were some unusual looking flowers in the farmers market area of the swap meet.

K wanted one of these organic handmade ice pops!

He chose strawberry & banana

I got a coconut!

Hubby tried it too!
After the Swap Meet, we went to the Iao Needle!


Grandma & Grandpa! The Iao Needle is the mountain right behind them.

It was beautiful!

The Iao Needle is inside a state park that had several other features. There was a river running along the path. Of course I had my camera on the wrong setting the entire time, so I do not have many pictures of this park.


These flowers smelt like honey suckles. There were several of them along the path.

It was so green and healthy at the Iao Needle, I think I was trying to get the background in this picture to try to capture the beauty that was all around us!
Walking around the Iao Needle
 
 
The river next to the Iao Needle.

My hubby got me a flower!



Grandma stood here for a picture on her honeymoon & now on our vacation!


This spot is on the same road to the Iao Needle. It's a park right before the Iao Needle.
 



Dancing down the path!
 
I'm going to end this post here, because it's just getting too long.
I will start a Maui 2014 2nd post.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment