Sunday, December 7, 2014

Salt Dough Christmas Ornaments

K and I made some Salt dough Christmas ornaments for the very first time:
The ingredients are so simple!
* 1 cup of flour
* 1 cup of salt  
* 1 cup of water
( Slowly add water to flour & salt. You will not need all the water)

I traced K's hand, and then used the cut out to make an ornament.


He loved rolling the dough!


I put the ornaments in the oven on 200 degrees for 1 hour.
They should have gone in for an hour and a half.
Mine worked out fine, but you could tell they were not cooked all the way through.


K painting his Christmas tree.


K painting a heart.




I turned K's 3 year old hand print into a Santa!

K's Christmas Tree!!

We probably should have made a double batch.
 Because we only got 5 ornaments out of one batch.

Salt Dough Christmas Ornament.
I LOVE how they turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment