Tuesday, November 5, 2013

K went potty like a big boy

Today we cleaned K's room. First, we cleaned it up. Then, I went through all of his toys and just started throwing things away. I organized the non-educational toys from the educational toys. I wanted to make the books and educational toys more accessible.  Anything that has to do with shapes, colors, numbers, and the ABC's needed to be up front. After an hour of organizing, I thought maybe I should be potty training at the same time....hmmm?

 So, I took K's diaper off and explained to him what I wanted him to do. We went back to organizing his room, and about 30 minutes later he told me he had to go potty and walked out of the room. I followed him into the bathroom, where he went potty, flushed the toilet, and washed his hands. Since he did so well, he got to choose one of his Halloween candies as a prize. About 20 minutes after he finished his first candy, he did the whole routine again! I was so proud of my little man!

 We did finish organizing the room, so we both had a successful day!

Now we're going to settle down and watch " The Little Rascals". K likes the go cart scene!

No comments:

Post a Comment